Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Destroyer


As of my last post on October 31, I had lost 13.6 pounds. Now, 2 weeks later, the results?

Well I have lost .2 pounds. Yeah. That's it. That means .1 pound per week. Impressive, I know. I'll give you a minute to recover.


(And for those of you with the karmic calculator, this is indeed my punishment for having bragged last time about how I was so awesome. I am still awesome, for the record, I'm just not much skinnier.)


My husband, "The Destroyer," has lost another 2.7 pounds. At least, as of the last time he weighed himself. He continues not to exercise regularly. Not that I do . . .


What happened? I don't know. I am guessing I'm within my normal point range. I have gone out to eat with my dad a few times and over indulged in seafoody goodness. And of course normal Mountain Dew when we're at a restraunt. Part of the problem is my work schedule. I work 10-2, which means I eat breakfast and then I get home well after lunch time. By then I feel like I am within breaths of starving to death. I eat around 3 or 3:30, and then dinner time comes at 5 or 6. Within a two hour period I end up eating two large meals. After a giant meal, two or three hours later I start thinking I need to eat to prevent malnourishment. The cycle is vicious.


I have been good with not snacking and also with refraining from drinking non-diet soda, at least not at home. I am only successful in drinking water at work half of the time. One of my major long-term goals is to increase and maintain the amount of water I drink each day.


Earlier this week I met a woman who shared that she had recently lost 100 pounds. I would have never guessed. She was a normal sized person. Not a size 0, not a size 28, just an average sized person. After losing 100 pounds! Just by walking! She said she didn't do it much, just on breaks and lunch at work, etc. I am really thinking about it, there are nice sidewalks and parking lots where I could walk even in inclement weather. I keep kidding myself that I'll get on the treadmill at home, but I never seem to make it past the well-intention part.


I would be happy to see 175 at this point, and even happier to get down to 170 and hold. It sucks to be stalled at this point when I'm so close to having lost a total of 15 pounds.

Until then, looks like I'm losing to THE DESTROYER.






No comments:

Post a Comment