Friday, January 1, 2010

Goal Adjustment

Hello there oh fans of my pudge and happy new years. I finally figured out how much I weigh. I got a new scale a few weeks ago and discovered I actually was 177 pounds.
My secret goal was to be either 170 or *gasp* 169 by the new year.

Today is January 1st and no, I'm not quite at the 169 mark, but I haven't done too shabbily.

I am currently around 172 or 173, which means that all told I have lost about 20 pounds. I started tracking my food intake and weight on August 30th. At that point I weighed 192.4 pounds. In 4 months, I have lost 20 pounds. That means I have lost and steadily maintained my loss of just over 1 pound a week.

My husband's progress hasn't been as steady or consistent. He was 310 pounds when he started and had dropped about 20 pounds by the beginning of December, but he claims he has gained some since the onset of the holiday season. Regardless, this is the first he has been less than 300 pounds in many years.

I want to have a better attitude. I was just confessing to Witchy that I allow my time on the scale to depress me every day. It seems my attitude is either, "I lost weight, but a disappointing amount," or, "I haven't lost any weight at all." Instead, my attitude should be more like, "Thank gosh it's remaining steady," or "Holy Twinky, I haven't gained anything."
I would like to get to the point where I only weigh myself once a week.

My new weight loss goal is to get down to 170 pounds by the end of January. I think I can do it. Long term I would be pleased with 160, ecstatic with 150, and if I reached 140 the blog would end because I would have died from sheer fatass shock.


I would also like to improve upon my water intake. Right now I'm not necessarily looking to change my diet anymore - I just want to maintain my food intake with the point be to eat in moderation.

This year I don't want to have the attitude, "EVERYTHING NEEDS TO CHANGE NOW." I want to approach it from a more realistic standpoint of "I am doing X well, how can I maintain or improve upon this progress." I also need to work on adjusting my mental body image. In my brain, I think that I weigh what I did in college. The reality is, I was 142 pounds when I went to college, and I wasn't that when I left. Before I got pregnant I was 158 pounds. Realistically, I am almost 29, I have been out of college for almost 6 years, and I have had a child by c-section. My body does NOT look like what it did then, and it will likely never look like that again. I have grey hair, I have wrinkles, I have stretch marks albeit they've faded, and the weight on my body is distributed in different ways. Right now my goal should be to become healthy and maintain a healthy body weight. It isn't realistic to think I will be back in miniskirts. Ever. Again.

I want to maintain my exercise regimen of at least 2 zumba classes a week and hope to add walking or biking as the weather improves. I don't know that zumba will get me in Miss Universe shape but I do feel like it improves my attitude in terms of anxious eating and it kills time. My child will soon be at the age where it is able to ride a bike and hopefully we can take it with us to the park and make a lap or two before going to the playground.

I haven't been tracking my points but I feel like that contributes to food obsession, and I don't need to think about food more at this point.

My birthday is approaching, I will be 29. If you want to get me a present, I want sweatpants with an elastic waistband and a $100 gift card to Red Lobster.
Hey, I can start over in February. Until then cellulite cheerleaders, have a happy new year.

2 comments:

  1. <3 UPDATE. I need you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to want me. I NEED you to neeeddd me. I loooovee you to looove me...

    ReplyDelete