Saturday, May 29, 2010

point 1


This week, the scale said 160. Point 1. 160.1.

I love it. Just haaaaave to stick that point 1 in there.

My sort of goal is to be 160 or 159 by June 1. Will I be? I don't know.

Ultimately I want to be 142 again. This is what the doctor says I should weigh. This is also what I weighed when I was in the best shape of my life.
Before I went to college I worked in a factory. I weighed 136 pounds when I started there. When I went to have my physical before college, I weighed 142. I was actually much thinner at 142 than I was at 136 (and yes these weights were both from the same scale).

I weighed 158 in 2005 when I found out I was pregnant. I am now 2 pounds away from that point where I was pre-baby 5 years ago. Of course I have been back and forth in the years in between -- from 153 all the way up to 192.

This is the first I've exercised consistently in my life (apart from many years ago when I was an active equestrian. AHEM. Debu-chan). I have been going at least once a week for 8 months to Zumba and sometimes 2 or 3 times a week. Right now my husband is knocking me back from 3x a week to 2x a week so he will have time at night to get stuff done. Who knows how that will work out over the summer.

I am surprised that I continue to lose despite my job feeding me every day. It's not that they feed me bad food, but that I tend to eat more if it is prepared for me than I do if I prepare it myself. I am however able to stop myself if the cook dishes out a portion. This woman's ladle is the size of a 5 gallon bucket. I swear it!

I am at the point where people are telling me I look like I have lost weight. I mean random, unsolicited people are telling me that I look like I have lost weight. It is shocking every time I hear it. There is finally a visible difference.

The only thing making me nervous is the amount of free time I will have to myself this summer with having the next few weeks off work. My last official day is Wednesday. That is the day where I jump off the diving board into the sea of the great fat unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment