Thursday, February 25, 2010

30 Calories a day

This article in a New York Times blog alleges that you can gain 2-3 pounds a year by eating just 30 more calories a day than you burn.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/23/stand-up-while-you-read-this/?emc=eta1

The article itself is about the dangers of sitting and that even if you exercise regularly if you sit for long periods you are still at risk for heart disease, obesity, etc.

I want you to think about that though, especially if you are reading from America (sorry Debu-Chan) - land of the fattest food in the world and also the most expensive health food in the world.

30 calories a day. What is 30 calories? Think, a soda is about 100 calories for 12 ounces. Do you burn every calorie you eat?

How much time do you sit a day? You're probably sitting down now. I know I am. I was at Zumba for 2 hours tonight. Will that matter? Make a difference in my risk factors?

No comments:

Post a Comment