Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The only thing more lame than a fat blog....



The only thing more lame than a fat blog is a fat blog where nobody writes anything.
I had to include the picture of the muffin top because banana nut bread muffins were one of the few things I (over-)indulged in this weekend while I was working all day and all night. I also had 1 or 2 (ok, so I had 3) delicious ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches. Of course I consumed natural Mt. Dew all weekend and I didn't eat Special K for breakfast. Duh. That's what the breakfast sandwiches were for.

All told, I was probably over the designated point-age per meal, but at the end of the day the amount that I ate was relatively small especially compared to the number of hours I worked and the amount of physical activity in which I was engaged.

I'm wearing size 16's today and they are kind of loose. That is fantastic. I did gain back about a pound, but I think that's to be expected considering the lack of calculating and the amount of eating.

Confession time: All it takes is one day. Seriously. One day of not writing it down. Followed by another day or two of not writing it down. I didn't really do Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. I am starting again today. But I found myself thinking this morning, "I can really just keep an eye on what I eat and lay off the Mt. Dew and I will be fine." That, combined with having pizza on Friday and Saturday, breakfast sandwiches on Saturday and Sunday, regular soda all weekend and most of Monday, and spaghetti for pretty much every meal Monday and Tuesday, and I'll move up from muffin-topping my pants to more like cake-topping my pants. And I don't mean no single layer cake. I mean like 6 tier wedding cake, which is the look I'm trying to get away from.

So yeah. My overall goal, to put it in a cupcake foil, is this: to move from muffin-topping my mom jeans down to muffin-topping normal people jeans.

And people think I don't have aspirations?! This girl is going places.

2 comments:

  1. I have this same problem. I will do really well with writing down what I eat for a few days, then I start getting over-confident and stop... then I gain weight. I have done this like three times and still can't get the message, apparently. I have been trying to do better with tracking this time around, but I'll admit that I do usually cheat and just "add as I go" in my head all day and then I sit down at the end of the day and figure out if I have any points left for snacking. Terrible. I guess I just suck at life.

    P.S. It's my birthday this week so I can eat as many rice crispy treats as I want. Right? I think I read that in the WW handbook somewhere...

    <3 Witchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my muffin top constitutes a baker's dozen, actually.

    I haven't been recording, either. It really does all go to shit when that goes slack. I am not starting again until Monday, though, because I have an overnighter this weekend where I don't control the food, so, you know, what good would it do?

    Best of luck with your weekend, yo!

    ReplyDelete