Sunday, September 13, 2009

Put on a Happy Face

Here I am two weeks into this adventure, and I've lost 5 total pounds!

I don't have much to add apart from my pleasure at the amount lost. I haven't had real Mt. Dew at all today, so that's exciting. I'm not saying I'm off the stuff, but a day without it is a pretty significant event in my house.

I'm finding that there are things that don't taste so good to me anymore. For example, macaroni and cheese. This is something that I used to eat daily if not multiple times a day. Not for the pure deliciousness of it, but because my son eats it all the time. I ate it tonight after not having it since Tuesday or Wednesday and I found it unappealing. As a matter of fact, it was downright bad. Not something I will likely eat again soon. Yesterday for dinner we had soft tacos. I thought I was starving for them and overate, having two of them. Today I made myself one for dinner and thought, if I am desperate I will eat another one. As it turns out I had to almost force myself to finish the first one because it just tasted bad to me.

One thing I have noticed is the 10:30 itch. Round about 10:30 or so I think, hmm, maybe I'm hungry. Then I dismiss it and think, it's 10:30 at night. I don't need to eat now. We'll be going to bed in another hour or so. About 11 or 11:15 I decide that I will surely die if I don't eat. Then I ask my husband, thinking if he isn't hungry I am not hungry. He is without fail also hungry. This leads to a two-person discussion about what we are hungry for, what we should eat, what will take too long, how many points each thing is, etc. This hasn't necessarily led to an overage in points, but I think it's a dangerous habit. For example last night we decided we were starving at about 11:20. Then we fantasized about a pizza. Thankfully the pizza place was closed or I'm sure between the two of us we would have demolished a pizza.

With the loss in pounds I am down under 190. This means I lose a point off of my daily allowance. I'm not worried about that because I've been doing good with sticking to my limit pretty closely. The reduction/elimination of regular soda will definitely help with that too.

So I won't say I'm happy to step on the scale right now, but I'm not dreading it and I'm not completely disgusted and self-loathing when I do find out my weight in the morning. That's what I call progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment